A weekly update on various books I'm reading and anything else contemporary that I believe to be interesting

Tuesday, May 20, 2008

weekly outlook 5/19

Having finished my paper, I can now focus on my creative project. As I have mentioned before, it will be a blog similar to my paper. On the blog, I will debate major issues such as which bands were the best in each decade, who started rock music, and other rock and roll related topics. The blog will delineate the mental selection process I went through to decide which bands I woud include in my paper. The format will be similar to my research paper; I will go in chronological order starting in the 1950's and work my way to the present. In regards to the presentation, I'm thinking of handing out a copy of the lyrics to Led Zeppelin's "Stairway to Heaven" and having the students get in group to determine what they think is its meaning.

No comments: